Stress and anxiety is one of the main problem of today’s busy world. You will find each other person getting impacted with stress due to work load, personal or financial issues etc. Stress adversely impacts health of the person. There are few physical technique which help in relaxation from stress. One of those methods is Progressive muscle relaxation which helps to lower stress and calms down by releasing tension in muscles.
1. Loosen tight clothing and sit or die down in a comfortable position at quiet place.
2. Begin either with top of the body (with eyebrows) or at the bottom (with toes and foot).
3. Inhale and focus on individual muscle group as you tighten it. To tighten the foot, curl toes in. For hand, make a tight fist and for eyebrows, raise them as high as they’ll go.
4. Hold the squeeze for about five seconds.
5. Release and relax for about 30 seconds and then repeat again.
While doing this exercise remember to do one foot or hand at a time. Complete the cycle for entire leg or arm and then switch to other side. Once done, breathe slowly and deeply a few times.