Paneer manchurian is one of the Indo Chinese snack made of fried paneer coated with spicy, sweet and tangy sauce. It doesn’t require much vegetables to be added so it is easy to make. This recipe can be prepared using tofu as well. This is one of the famous starter.
Finely chopped ginger
Finely chopped garlic
Finely chopped green chilli
Finely chopped bell pepper
Chopped spring onion
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 and 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup
Salt to taste
1. Chop onions and bell pepper into 1 inch square. Cut paneer in cubes.
2. Finely chop ginger, garlic and green chilies.
3. Take a mixing bowl and add paneer cubes, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, corn starch and salt together. Toss the mixture well.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry paneer cubes on medium heat. Flip cubes to get paneer cooked evenly and fry it till turned light golden in color.
5. Drain fried paneer cubes on paper towel.
6. In a pan add oil and fry chopped onions, bell pepper, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
7. Add 1/4 cup water to small quantity of corn starch and add some spice mixture to make smooth paste. Add this paste to vegetable mixture and keep frying.
8. Add soy sauce, tomato ketchup to the mixture.
9. Add salt, red chilli powder and black pepper to the manchurian masala mixture and stir well.
10. Stir well and simmer on medium flame to thicken sauce.
11. Add fried paneer cubes to the masala mixture and stir well to coat paneer cubes evenly.
12. Garnish paneer manchurian with chopped spring onion and chopped coriander.
Visit womanlight.com to find more delicious Indo Chinese recipes.