1/2 cup – Wheat flour
1/2 cup – All purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon – Salt
2 tablespoons – Oil
1/2 cup – Moong dal mixture
1 teaspoon – Asafoetida
2 teaspoon – Ajwain/Carom
2 teaspoon – Cumin powder
2 teaspoon – Coriander powder
2 teaspoon – Red chilli powder
2 teaspoon – Dry mango powder
2 teaspoon – Fennel powder
2 teaspoon – Pomegranate seeds powder
2 teaspoon – Chaat masala powder
Dough of Kachori
1. Mix the flour, salt and oil.
2. Add water slowly and mix the flour.
3. Knead the mixture well to make a soft and smooth dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least fifteen minutes.
Filling of Kachori
1. Crush Moong dal mixture to coarse powder.
2. Heat a pan and dry roast all the masalas.
3. Mix crushed mixture with all masalas.
Method for making Kachori
1. Divide the in small balls.
2. Take each ball and flatten the edges with fingers and make into 3-inch circle. Make sure center is thicker than edges.
3. Mold the dough into a cup and place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center.
4. Pull the edges of the dough to wrap the dal filling and repeat it with rest pieces.
5. Using palm flatten the kachoris into 3 inch circle.
6. In a frying pan preheat oil for frying.
7. Fry the stuffed kachori’s on medium-low heat.
8. Once they are golden-brown turn them over to other side and cook both sides.
9. Finally server it with yougurt, tamarind chutney and chopped onion.