Rabdi is one of the most popular North Indian sweet which is made of milk. It is thickened sweetened milk with layers of cream and flavored with cardamoms, saffron with additional dry fruits like almonds and pistachios. So, what are you waiting for lets try preparing this delicious recipe and enjoy it.
Full fat whole milk
1. Take 1.25 liters of full fat whole milk in a big pan and begun to heat on low flame.
2. Keep the milk boiling and gently move the cream layer and bring to side of the pan and stick.
3. Keep on simmering milk and collecting cream layer on sides and stick to pan.
4. Soak almonds and pistachios in hot water and remove the peels.
5 Slice almonds and pistachios.
6. Stir milk gently and keep it on simmer.
7. Once milk reduces to half, add 3 tbsp sugar to it.
8. Add 15 to 18 strands of saffron and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder. Stir the mixture gently.
9. Keep boiling milk and keep it on flame till milk has not been reduced to 1/4 of its original volume.
10. Scrape entire cream layer and add to thickened milk and stir gently.
11. Add sliced almonds, pistachios and rose water to milk and stir gently.
12. Finally garnish rabdi with sliced almonds, pistachios, crushed saffron and serve rabdi hot or warm or chilled.
Looking for more Indian recipes, please visit womanlight.com.